Sunday, April 17, 2011

Birthdays Rock!


I have always been a huge lover of birthdays, both others and my own. I think birthdays are a great reason to celebrate with friends and family! And my first China birthday didn't let me down.

I received packages from my parents, Chip's parents, and my grandparents. So on my birthday I was able to wear a new shirt from my mom. I talked to most of my family on my birthday, including a Skype call with my sister & her two cute kiddos.

For dinner, my team made delicious Mexican food and carrot cake (complete with 28 candles).

Then at 10pm, me and my teammates, Alison and Tarah, went out for foot massages!

The most memorable part of the day was my Sophomore Culture class. They surprised me with a crown, cake, singing (in English and Chinese), flashing powerpoint of appreciation, and a scrapbook of photos with one page for each of the 37 students in the class. They all wrote meaningful and loving words. You can check out some examples below:





And then, some students made me a birthday video. It is silly, but I absolutely love it.


I also received many Facebook birthday wishes.
If you sent one, thanks for making my 28th birthday stupendous!

5 comments:

  1. aww, such sweet letters they wrote you--and i love the video! that's so neat that they put that much time and thought into making it a special day for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Mal, glad to hear about all the fun celebrations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. China birthdays are the best! Students just make such a big deal of them. Glad it was so special for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww Happy belated birthday Mal! I am so glad that you are blessed and having a wonderful experience in China.

    ReplyDelete