 |
| Sophie & Felicity--The two students I am coaching from Qufu Normal University who will compete at the FLTRP Cup National English Debate Competition in Beijing. |
| | | | | | | | | | | | | |
|
|
|
This semester I was asked to coach the debate team at our university. There has been quite a learning curve for me as I have worked to learn the British Parliamentary Procedure and understand difficult issues facing China. We have been practicing a couple of days each week with about 20-30 students. Last night we had a big campus competition where we chose our two best debaters to compete in Beijing. The competition will be held May 7th-14th. I am excited to attend the competition and coach the students as they compete against universities all across China and discuss hot topics that impact China and the world.
More about the English debate competition: http://www.chinadebate.org/
 |
| Winning competitors with the coaches and judges. |
 |
| Top 8 Debaters that participated in the campus debate competition |
had you ever done debate before? do you feel like you were using your communications studies as you coach them, or is it more helping them with their English? (i really have no idea what a debate team is like, so maybe that's a dumb question. :)) what a cool opportunity!
ReplyDelete