Tis the season for vegetable preservation. Everyone is buying in bulk and then preserving their veggies for the long winter.
Truck o' green onions
I'm not exactly sure what laying your green onions and cabbage outside does, but I suppose it dries them out. All I know is, you can lay your vegetables just about anywhere.
On the path where people walk
In an alley or outside your restaurant
Next to your car
Under your apartment complex
In your windows (or the ones in the stairwell)
On top of your bushes
Or in a parking spot at the karaoke bar
You can even dry apples, radishes, or carrots on the plaza fountain.
I haven't been buying cabbage or onions in bulk, but I am getting in on the potatoes. I bought a bag full for less than 1 USD! I plan to put them on my porch where they will stay cold, and people say they should last all winter long.
SO great! I love it! Tis' the season for preserving here, too. Only, I have not laid a single thing outside on the ground. :) We did can applesauce (from apples we picked at an orchard.
ReplyDeleteWEIRD! I mean they come up with some crazy places!
ReplyDeleteI was just thinking about it and I haven't seen vegetables out drying here (except la jiao). I have seen a few people carting large sacks of vegetables and potatoes on their bikes, though, so maybe the drying season starts later here.
ReplyDeletekind of like a root cellar on your porch, i guess, huh? so interesting about people laying vegetables EVERYWHERE to dry!
ReplyDelete