It's common in China for young dating couples and even married couples to wear matching clothes. T-shirts are most common, but we have seen matching sweaters, jackets, pants, tennis shoes, and even all of the above worn at once. Chip and I decided to embrace the culture and get couples t-shirts. Cartoon characters wearing Mao suits--very Chinese cool.
Chip's shirts says 老婆最大which means his wife is the leader.
My shirts says 老公最二which means her husband is a fool.
It sounds mean, but in Chinese it's funny. I worried that it might be a little offensive, but our Chinese church friends assured us that it is genuinely funny. And in the eyes of the Chinese, the fact that we are wearing matching shirts is a sign of true love.
I absolutely LOVE it!! Way to adapt to the culture. And you've even got the t-shirt with skirt thing going on. You have truly arrived. I miss you guys!
ReplyDeletei like i like :D
ReplyDelete